Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
jbeene jbeene is offline

Default How can I copy a macro into another workbook?

I am going to try to do as you suggested. I looked around for an event code
but€¦..Im not sure what that is or where to find it.

Our developers are trying to figure out whats going on with the macros; Im
their little pain right now.

Thank you for your help.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You could just export the module(s) with the macros as *.BAS files then
re-import those back in after the workbook has gone through the system.

Do you have any event code in the 4 sheets or in the Thisworkbook module?

You will have to export those as *.CLS files and re-import them as Class
Modules, copy the code to your 4 sheets then delete the Class modules.

Chip Pearson has a series of macros for adding modules to a workbook.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm

BTW.........how does your system actually strip the macros from the file?

Gord

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 06:41:37 -0700, jbeene
wrote:

Hello,

It is workbook specific and it refers to name ranges. In my workbook there
are 16 different macros and 4 sheets. Its a form that I send through our
web based program, when it goes through our system it stripes the form of the
macros. I was trying to find a way to add the macros back onto the form
after it goes through our system.

Jodell

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Basically you just open the module in which the macro resides and select the
text from Sub macro() to End Sub.

Copy it and paste into a module in your other workbook.

But......nothing is rarely that simple<g

Is the macro workbook-specifice or worksheet-specific?

Does it refer to named ranges in the original workbook?

If you could post the code perhaps we could get a better idea of how to copy and
edit if needed.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:46:18 -0700, jbeene
wrote:

I have a workbook with macro already assigned, how can I copy this into
another workbook?