Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DaveyC4S DaveyC4S is offline

Default Creating a separate cell entry for every individual line in a

Joel

The format is simply a column (column B) of around 650 cells each with a
unique identifier in a separate column (column A)

It would be my intent to put the generated "expanded" cells in a separate
worksheet retaining their original but now multiple identifiers.

Is this clearer?

David

"Joel" wrote:

It is pretty simple in a macro to find and extract the cells that hae the
carrriagge return. The problem is where do you put the new lines into the
worksheet. You could add it to the row bleow, but that cell may contain data
you don't want over-written. Inserting new cells may not be good either.
The new cells would add new rows and making some of the data in rows below
not being on the same row.

You need to give more definition of your worksheet layout before a macro can
be writen.

"DaveyC4S" wrote:

Hi

I have a lot of cells of data with free text in them.

In order to use this data I need to create a separate cell for every line of
text within a cell.

The lines have been defined in the original cells using the Alt-Enter
function.

Does anyone have an idea of how to tackle this?

Any help much appreciated
David