Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GF_Chris[_2_] GF_Chris[_2_] is offline

Default Monthly Budget Breakdown

I've not been able to understand pivot tables yet, but here's an sxample of
my Workbook:

sheet1:

MONTH
JAN<------------Data Validation List ( Jan Feb Mar etc..)

18.00 18.00 18.00 18.00 18.00<-------Sum of Columns
RENT POWER ACS1 ACS2 CAR <-------Bills
1.00 2.00 3.00 4.00 5.00 <-------Individual Reciepts
17.00 16.00 15.00 14.00 13.00

Sheet2:

BILLS JAN FEB MAR APR
RENT 18
POWER 18
ACS1 18
ACS2 18
CAR 18

Here's my formula for the month columns:

=IF(Sheet1!$A$2=Sheet2!B$1,Sheet1!$A$8,"")

This all seems simple enough, but I can't get Sheet2 to keep the Jan data
when I select Feb on Sheet1 and so on. I'm just starting to look at macros,
but I'm not sure that I'm savvy enough to pull it off.

"GF_Chris" wrote:

I am trying to simplify my budget. On the first sheet you select your month
(validation) and then input your reciepts. The second sheet outputs a sum of
the monthly expenses. The problem is when you select a different month, the
data shifts to that month. I can't figure out how to save the data in the
"January" column when I select "February" on the first sheet. I know that I
could have different sheets for each month, but I figured there has to be a
way to continue with what I have. Please Help.