Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Zb Kornecki Zb Kornecki is offline

Default Time interval worksheet function

Format is not important it would be a bonus but I can apply a format entire
colums.
as for a range of cells hte short answer probablly but the imputs are always
changing they may want the 1st of arrival or registration or eval and what
would be a range for on cell would be different in another. I appreaciate
your help and will play the code you sent me in the follow post
Zb

"Joel" wrote:

I have two comments about your request

1) Do you want the return value to be in Microsoft time format or a string.
A function cannot control the format. if you have the actual time returned,
then you must format the cell to get your preferred formatt. You can have
the function return a string instead of time in two differentt formats.

2) You can't have a function with two diffferent parameters havving multiple
lengths. Can you specify a range of cells for the start and end times?

"Zb Kornecki" wrote:

I would appriciate some help writing a function, to measure several interval
along a timeline. however not every interval applies to every record. what
I envision is a function that takes 7 arguments

a. start time (there may be 1 to 5 times)
b. a way to indicate wether I want the min or max time
c. a high and low out range value
d,e & f. End time same 3 critera as start time
g. format choice for [h]:mm, just minutes or h.00

I currently use

=IF(MIN(Data!G2,Data!H2,Data!I2,Data!P2)-Data!B27,"OVER",IF(MIN(Data!G2,Data!H2,Data!I2,Da ta!P2)-Data!B2<0,"",MIN(Data!G2,Data!H2,Data!I2,Data!P2)-Data!B2))

but this doesn't really do all I need it to and is very time consuming. I do
to this to log times for an Emergency Dept's visits so it needs to be done on
a regular basis and the looked at intervals change regularly so I just can't
use a template. Any and all help would be truely appriciated
Thanks
Zb