Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tom ossieur tom ossieur is offline

Default conditional formatting "if part of cell contents contains string"

Hi!

Given the following table (actually a very long one):

column A is:
1 Evergreen/Italia Marittima/Hatsu Marine
2 Evergreen/Italia Marittima/Hatsu Marine
3 Gold-Star-Zim, Emirates, SCI, MacAndrews

column B is:
1 HAM, RTM, THP, TAR, Port Said, TPP, KHH, NBO, SHA, YTN, HKG, TPP...
2 HAM, THP, ZEE, Port Said, CMB, TPP, KHH, YTN, HKG, OSA, TOK...
3 NYJ, PMH, CHS, BCN, CMB, TUT, JNP, MUN, BCN, NYJ.

How can I highlight cells that contain "Port Said"?

I presume conditional formatting, and the conditions will be different for
Column A and column B?

I know how to use conditional formatting is a cell has to be bigger than,
exact, contain exacttly a certain string etc, but in this case it's about
containing a certain string, beside other strings..

Thanks in advance!

tom