Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lori Lori is offline

Default Summary SUM

No problem, thanks for the reply.

On 13 Mar, 06:00, Ananth wrote:
Thanks. that worked.

"Lori" wrote:
Try doing an edit replace "=sum(" with "=subtotal(9,".

The subtotal formulas work just like sum formulas except they ignore
other subtotals in the range and filtered rows. The "9," just means
sum the numbers rather than count, average, etc.

On Mar 11, 1:20 pm, Ananth wrote:
No, This has nothing to do iwth sub-totals. I may summing up inbetween rows
and what i want is formula that would detect sum formulas and provide the
summation

"john" wrote:
have you tried subtotals under the data menu?
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"Ananth" wrote:

I have in a column (C) data of Spend for various Regions (A) /Countries (B)
I have created a sum formula in C to sum spend for the region. Data is
sorted region wise and country wise

I want to create a grand summary total in one stroke at the end of the LAST
region, summing the spend of all countries and exlude the sum data in the
cells ,otherwise a double summing is resulted.- Hide quoted text -