Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default Count from ATTENDANCE to ANNUAL

If I understand correctly, you want count of number of times "AL" appears in
Columns D to R.

Try this in column F (assuming data starts in Row 2):

=COUNTIF(OFFSET(Attendance!B2,MATCH('Annual
Leaves'!B2,Attendance!B2:B100,0)-1,2,1,15),"=AL")

Change B range to suit

HTH

"Pietro" wrote:

Hi all,
I need somebody to help me to do the following:

I have an excel sheet that has two tabs:
1-In the first one"attendance" ,in column B,I have the names of my
employees,and then from column D to column R the weekly attendance.
2-In the second tab"Annual leaves" i have these names in column B,then in
column F i want to count how many times was the word "AL" written infront of
each name in tab "attendance" from column D to column R,i need the results of
this count to be displayed infront of each name in the second sheet "Annual
leaves"