Gord Dibben

Sounds like MS Word or Publisher may be better suited to your project.

Excel was never designed to be a Word Processor or Graphics program and those
features are rudimentary at best compared to other Office Apps.

Gord

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:23:31 GMT, "peterlsutton"
wrote:

Many thanks Gord for your speedy reply.

The problem is that I am not just doing this once, I am pulling a lot of
information on garden plants ie paragraphs of text and pictures in from the
internet then editing and reformatting them to produce my own pages on notes
on a particular plant. In some ways it is more of a desktop publishing job,
but I find Lotus is so easy to use and so flexible when you are not sure
what layout you want.

The main reason I wanted to try Excel is because my Lotus is now over 10
years old and only uses short file names. I had hoped that a modern Excel
might have been even better than Lotus. Obviously not.

Peter

.. .
Peter

Workaround would be to copy the text into a text box.

Drawing Toolbar has the Text Box button.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP