Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MsBeverlee MsBeverlee is offline

Default Vlookup "Value Not Available" (#N/A) Error

Hi, KL -

maybe you can help me with another problem related to this same function. I
used the formula you suggested below and it worked perfectly. Now I want to
know if it is possible to lookup 2 cell references, whereby both have to
match in order to yield the result. Here is my formula:

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(B8,'[TRAVEL
MANIFEST_Master.xls]Sheet1'!$A$2:$Q$66,3,FALSE)),"PENDING",VLOOKUP(B8, '[TRAVEL MANIFEST_Master.xls]Sheet1'!$A$2:$Q$66,3,FALSE))

Is is possible to VLOOKUP both B8 (Last Name) and C8 (First Name) and only
if BOTH match does it yield my result, otherwise it indicates "Pending"?

Thanks so much for your help!

"KL" wrote:

See my reply to your identical question below. Replace "" by "PENDING"

--
KL
[MVP - Microsoft Excel]

"MsBeverlee" wrote in message ...
I am having the same problem. Can you also use this same formula but instead
of returning "0" have it yield "PENDING"?

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Hi Paul,

=IF(ISNA(YourFormula),0,YourFormula)

--