Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pskwaak pskwaak is offline

Default Active Cell Reference

Thanks! Actually, the referenced cell is conditionally formatted. Will the
macro below include the conditional format?

"JMB" wrote:

Since the OP will have to resort to VBA, he/she could also replicate the
formatting. The OP didn't specify exactly which formats - but perhaps just
use copy:

Target.Cells(1).Copy Me.Range("K2")
Me.Range("K2").Value = Target.Cells(1).Value
End Sub

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

How about a macro:

Option Explicit
Me.Range("K2").Value = Target.Cells(1).Value
End Sub

This changes the value in K2 each time you change the selection.

If you want to try it, rightclick on the worksheet tab that should have this
behavior. Select View Code and paste it into the code window.

pskwaak wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. What I'm looking for is a cell with a formula that
reflects contents of the active cell as it moves throughout the spreadsheet?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Formulas return values -- not formats.

=c2
or
=if(c2="","",c2)

would return the value from C2.

pskwaak wrote:

Excel 2007 - I need a formula for cell K2 that references the cell value of
the active row, column C. I would also like it to include the format of the
referenced cell, if possible.

--

Dave Peterson

--