Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Add Trendline to Pivot Table Graph

If Add Trendline is disabled with a pivot chart (I don't know, I rarely make
pivot charts), you could plot the data in a regular chart, then add your
trendline.

Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, and Real Charts

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Mary Ann" wrote in message
I have a list of survey responses and I have created a Pivot Table with
Month
as the Row Heading and Count of Respondent as Data. I have then created a
Pivot Table chart.

I want to show a trendline but when I select the columns and right click
for
Trendline, as I would normally, the option is greyed out.

How do I create a trendline for the pivot table category columns?