Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How to recover excel link in XP program list

Another way:
Windows start button|Search
search for
excel.exe

When you find it, right click on it (on the righthand side window)
send to
desktop (create shortcut)

And do the same for
notepad.exe

If you want them on the desktop, you're done (rename them if you want, though).

But you can drag those shortcuts where you want--including over the start menu.
Don't let go of that mouse button until you've found the program group you want
them in.

emil_lam wrote:

Hi,

My PC recently experience crashes in boot up. After that I found link
of excel & notepad (XP version) disappeared from Start-Programs list
(but links of other office applications still excel). Could anyone
tell how could I recover the links PS: both excel & notepad function
normal.

Tks!

--

Dave Peterson