Jambruins

thanks for your help everyone, I have solved my problem

"Myrna Larson" wrote:

You said 3 divisions, each with 5 teams. That's 15 teams total. But you refer
to team names in B2:B62 ????

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:15:07 -0800, Jambruins
wrote:

I get a #value! when I enter that. Any other ideas. My division names are
in A1:C1 and the teams are in the five rows below like you assumed. The team
names are in cells B2:B62. Thanks.

"Jason Morin" wrote:

Assuming your division names are in A1:C1 and teams are
in the 5 rows below each division (A2:C6), then try:

=OFFSET(divisions!A1,,MAX(IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(B2,di visions!
A1:C6)),COLUMN(divisions!A1:C6)))-1,)

Array-entered, meaning press ctrl + shift + enter.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA