Jambruins

I get a #n/a when I paste that in. The divisions are in cells A1, B1, C1,
D1, E1, and F1. The teams in division A1 are listed below it in cells A2,
A3, A4, A5, and A6. All of theother divisions are setup the same way. Any
idea why the formula is nor working? Thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=INDEX(Division!A:A,MATCH(B1,Division!B:B,0))
etc.

--

HTH

RP

"Jambruins" wrote in message
I have a list of teams in column B. In a tab called Division I have 6
division names with the teams listed in their respective division. I want
column C to enter the appropriate division name for the division the team

is
in.

For example, I want column C to be labelled as AL EAST when column B has

BOS
in it. How do I do this? Thank you.