Kirk P.

Perfect. Thanks!

"Myrna Larson" wrote:

Customize your Pivot Table toolbar to add the GenerateGetPivotData button.
Clicking this button will toggle this feature on and off. If you don't know
how to do this, look here http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:03:05 -0800, "Kirk P."
wrote:

I'm trying to enter a simple formula outside my pivot table that subtracts
the results of 2 separate columns of data. Instead of a formula like B5 -
A5, I get a long formula =GETPIVOTDATA(column selections, row selections,
etc, etc.)

I see what the GETPIVOTDATA formula is trying to do, but in this case I just
want the simple B5 - A5. How do I get this?