Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
John John is offline

Default Cell Addressing

You could fill the formula down in column b, copy it, in cell c2 use paste
special and transpose and then delete column b
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"John Calder" wrote:

Hi

Is there a way to have a formula that is copied across colums refer to the
source colum (which has data in each row) as "absolute" but "relative" to the
rows on the source column?

Example

Col A, Row 2 = 1
Col A, Row 3 = 2
Col A, Row 4 = 3
Col A, Row 5 = 4

Col B, Row 2 = =$A2+1

When I copy the formula "across" the columns column A stays absolute but the
row stays at row 2. I would like it to change to row 3 as the source.

Any help would be much appreciated