Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John Bundy John Bundy is offline

Default automatically prefix cell entry with leading zeros

Use the text function, or set the column format to text.
with the function, change the 4 zeroes below to the number of digits there
will be
=TEXT(A1,"0000")
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"Automatic prefix set with leading zeros" wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to setup a prefix where I have a set number starting out but
need to add additional numbers..

I have the format down to do that but is there a way to keep the leading
zeros displayed since some of the numbers I have start with zeros...

Example 123 is the set number and i want to add 00456...

correct result 123456