Sherry

Well, that almost works and would if the hourly rate
(C10) were not part of a calculation itself. Here's what
I've got basically:

JobName HoursWorked HourlyRate Subtotal Total

Consider those Columns A, B, C, D, E and then rows 1, 2,
etc.

Cell C1 would show 40.00 only IF columns A or B are
empty. If empty it should show blank. Your formula works
for that. However, Cell D1 is =C1*b1, so now, unless I
have something in Cell C1(the hourly rate)I get #VALUE!
in the subtotal and total fields.

If I then add a number of hours in cell B1, it posts the
40.00 in C1, then calculates D1 and E1 correctly.

If I don't use the IF statement and just put the 40.00
in, it calculates that fine, except then I have to fill
the series all the way to the bottom, so it shows the
40.00 on every row without other input.

Actually, this worksheet is a lot more complicated than
that, but that is the basics of what I'm trying to
accomplish at this point.

In yet another cell (in a hidden column) I have this
formula: =roundup(C1/60,2)*b1 to get the actual per
minute rounded up (which at the rate of 40.00 would
be .67/minute).

In addition to that, the actual amount that should appear
in C1 (the hourly rate) actually comes from a link in
another worksheet, since we use a 2nd sheet to customize
the invoice per employee and different employees are paid
different rates.

Ugh...complicated a bit, I know, but I know I can somehow
make this work.

Thanks for your help!