Nick Hodge

Guy

Where are you checking the 'automatic update' option. It should be in
Editlinks...

Are both workbooks open and does Ctrl+Shift+Alt+F9 update them?

What version of Excel are you using (Inc. SP No.)?

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Guy" wrote in message

I have a problem with a large linked work book. In the following
explanation, I refer to the workbook containing the link as the Master
and the Workbook containing the information as the Source.

The problem is that in a number of cells, the number showing in the
Master is completely different from that showing in the cell in the
Source to which it is linked.

To explain: Assume the Master was linked to cell B12 in the Source
spreadsheet. The value in cell B12 of the Source is 10, but the value
shown in the Master might be 7.5.

I have checked the data options and automatic update is clicked to on.
I can not think of any logocal explanation for this. Any ideas?

--
Guy