Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MWeinberg MWeinberg is offline

Default excel 2007 extememly slow on chart

I am with you Sam. I am trying to switch to Excel 2007 for data analysis
with expanded abilities. I have enjoy Excel 2007, but doing anything
(changing axis, adding more series, selecting series, etc.) results in a 20
second or more wait time for each step. I am plotting 15,000 with no
calculations on an Intel 3 GHz (hyper threading enabled) and 4 Gb of memory.
I went back to Excel 2003, and the plotting redraw and plotting changes are
very fast. I wonder if they could utilize the multiple cores for plotting as
well as calcuations. I really love the new ribbon interface and such of the
2007 products, so I hope they can figure something out for this Excel
slowdown.

"sam" wrote:

Very frustrated with this problem.
I have about 1000 data points and insert a chart (any type, such as line,
bar, or scatter) from those data, then I go "format axis" to change the
minimum or maximum from "auto" to a specific number. Afther that, whenever I
click on the plot, excel will stop responding for a couple minute. I am
dealing with large data every day. This is killing me.