Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CraigC CraigC is offline

Default How do I create a CountIF statement for a range of items in a list

I want to be able to create a table with one column providing a list of
companies with the counts of their values in a series of other columns. In
the column where the original company data comes from, the company names
appear more than once in the column (but now I am wanting one value per
company).

My columns a
Company, Attribute 1, Attribute 2, Attribute 3, Attribute infinity.

In the company column, company names can appear more than once.
In the Attribute columns are the values, NA, positive, neutral, mixed, and
negative.

I am wanting to produce a new worksheet with 3 columns.
Column 1: Company Name. In each row, the company name appears only once.
Column 2: Positive- The count of the number of times that for that company,
the value 'positive' appears for the range of attributes: Attribute
1-Attribute Infinity
Column 3: Negative-The count of the number of times that for that company,
the value 'neutral' appears for the range of attributes: Attribute
1-Attribute Infinity

I'm sure this could be done easier using Pivot Tables, but the formula for
doing this would be helpful on a number of things. thank you!

Craig