Myrna Larson

No, it won't, because the space is the intersection operator.

If you have a column named July and a row named Sales, and you write July
Sales, it means the intersection of the July and Sales ranges.

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 03:03:02 -0800, "Anthony Slater"
wrote:

Thanks Stephen, that worked a treat

Infact, I do have spaces in my Sheet Names. I really thought that the
INDIRECT function would 'lookup' exactly, spaces included. Obviously not!

Thanks for your help

"Stephen Bullen" wrote:

Hi Anthony,

If I use =INDIRECT(a1&"!D20") it doesn't pull the value from the relevant
sheet.

If you have spaces in your sheet names, you'll need single quotes around

the
name, so something like the following should work:

=INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!D20")

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel