Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Formula to find Stop Time from Start Time and Total Minutes

XL stores times as fractional days (i.e., 1.0 = 1 day = 24 hours = 1440
minutes = 6400 seconds), so

A1: 08:00:00
A2: 180

A3: =A1+A2/1440

Format A3 as a time.

In article om,
"Jonathan Bickett" wrote:

I have a work sheet with start times (all in military time) and total
minutes (in the format of 120 = 2 hours). I need to figure out what
the stop times would be.

For example:

Start time: 08:00:00
Total minute: 180 minutes

The stop time would be 11:00:00, but I cannot figure out a formula to
calculate this. There are obviously much more complex start times and
total minutes that will make this a chore if I cannot find a solution.

Thanks in advance.