Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JDR JDR is offline

Default reference tabs in a summary sheet as column headers

Totally awsome and cool....... that was perfect and it also let me name the
sheet and have the name refect in a header on the individual sheets..... just
perfect..
But now for my weakness...... how did it work? what does it say?... you
have already been a great help so if you do not have time to answer, fine,
but my curiosity is killing me.
Many many thanks
--
Thanks

"john" wrote:

try putting =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255)
in a cell on each sheet and then on the summary refer to that cell. You
need to have the sheet saved to update.
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"JDR" wrote:

I am trying to summarize my data on the last sheet of the workbook.... the
sheet names will change frequently..... so what I am trying to do is have a
cell (column header or name) on the summary sheet automatically read the name
on each sheet and use it in the cell for my header-- Then when the sheet
name changes it will automatically update my summary page... Is this possible?
Thanks