Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
James Silverton James Silverton is offline

Default Remove ' character from copied excel cell to match data

Dave wrote on Wed, 07 Mar 2007 09:28:34 -0600:

DP The only problem I had was when I selected a range (or
DP column), I had to make sure that the activecell in that
DP selection had the problem.

DP After I did that, it was very quick.

?? Oh, I see. The conversion process does take an
appreciable
?? amount of time, tho' even an array of 50 000 text numbers
?? took under a minute. The paste special route has the
?? advantage of being faster, I guess.

Yes, I discovered that too on an occasion where the first number
was actually a real one! Selecting an array can be a bit tricky
but it can be done.

Thanks again for the discussion!

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland