Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default A real puzzle?

Paul,

Something like this, where Object 1 is the container of the pdf file: This will line the object up
with cell C5 of sheet 1 - you could fire this macro from the workbook open event:

Sub Macro1()
With Sheets("Sheet1").Shapes("Object 1")
.Left = Range("C5").Left
.Top = Range("C5").Top
End With
End Sub

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"paulsuk" wrote in message
I am looking for a way to embed a pdf in a worksheet at a specific point so
that the user can click on an icon and read the document but cannot
reposition the icon to another place in the worksheet. Every time the user
opens the worksheet I want him/her to find the icon where I put it and not
where he/she dragged it to last time. I suppose I am looking to associate
the icon/object with a
specified cell and allow the user to open it but not to move it to another
cell.
--
paul