Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RichardSchollar[_2_] RichardSchollar[_2_] is offline

Default Using 1000 sperator without specifying decimal places

Hi Roee

If you go FormatCellsNumber tab and select Custom, you will see a
few suitable formats such as:

#,##0;-#,##0

This will do what you want.

Best regards

Richard

On 7 Mar, 14:29, Roee wrote:
Hello,

I would like to use the 1000 sperator but I don't want to specify fixed
decimal places.
For example, if the cell contains the number 300, I want it to show 300 and
not 300.00, but I still wan't to use the 1000 sperator.
How do I do that?

The "General" formatting showes the decimal places like I want (only if
exists) but does not allow 1000 sperator and the "Number" formatting requires
defining a fixed number of decimal places.

Thanks,
Roee.