Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tallan Tallan is offline

Default Run-time error "1004" Select method of range class failed

Hello,

I'm having a little trouble with a command button I've been playing around
with, all I want it to do is copy text onto another sheet to specific
locations using the destination formatting. I came up with this macro:

Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 06/03/2007 by
'

'
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=-2
Range("A3").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Range("A5").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormulas, Operation:=xlNone, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
Range("F3").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Range("A7").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormulas, Operation:=xlNone, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
End Sub

which works fine, but when I add this code to a command button object in the
sheet I get an error. "Run-time error "1004" Select method of range class
failed"

The error is with these commands...

Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Range("A5").Select