Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Ridgeway Bill Ridgeway is offline

Default I accidently saved over my spread sheet

There is a (very) feint chance that your original file has not been
overwritten which depends on luck and how much the computer has been
used -especially as three weeks has elapsed.

You could get a data recovery program (like GetDataBack). This should be
installed to and run from another hard disk to reduce the risk of
overwriting the target file. You could also get a professional data
recovery expert. Nothing is guaranteed but it depends on how desperate you
are as to what you need to do.

You seriously need a back up. It doesn't have to be too expensive -
compared with the expense in money, time and stress of not having a
backing-up regime. Have a look at www.1001solutions/backing-up.pdf for more
information.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway