Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jase jase is offline

Default Hyperlink to a .gif opens with Internet Explorer

I have Excel files that have many hyperlinks to .gif files. These gif files
are located in a diiferent location on an intranet. They used to open with
whatever program I chose from the Folder Options setting, when I was running
Win 2000 NT. After switching to XP Pro, the hyperlinks only open with
Internet Explorer, no matter what program I force picture files to associate
with. This is impossible to work with, as IE does not let me manipulate the
image. Even the IT guys at work don't know how to solve this problem. Any
help with this issue would be greatly appreciated!