HalB

Thanks for the response.

The problem is I am having trouble understanding how to check a range of
cells. For instance, Column A contains 18 rows with different values, Column
B contains 18 rows of different values that have conditional formatting
applied based on their comparison to Column A (Red = <) or (Green = ). I am
looking to count the number of times Column B is formatted Red.

Example:

A B
1 4 4
2 4 3 (Red)
3 3 4 (Green)
4 5 4 (Red)
5 3 3
19 2 === The result I am looking for.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Hal

You should be able to count the cells based upon the condition that turned the
cells red.

e.g. CF Cell Value is 50 turn red.

Enter formula in a cell =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"50")

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 07:41:05 -0800, "HalB"
wrote:

I am looking for a way/formula that will count the number of times a cell
with conditional formatting has occured.
I have a column of cells that is compared to another column of cells and if
one condition is met (<), the cell's color is set to Red or if another
condition is met () the cell's color is set to Green. I am wanting to add a
column that gives me the total number of Red cell's in that column.

Thanks!