Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] gloria.lewis@dreamvirtualassistant.com is offline

Default Searching for particular records

No, I'm not using it with other code. I just wanted to copy and paste those
records to another spreadsheet without having to find, copy and paste them
one at a time.

"Chad" wrote:

are you utilizing this with other code or are you just copying and pasting
this in somewhere and running it? let me see the code you're using (if its
not too exhaustive). alternatively, try selecting a specific cell prior to
running this code, so the "focus" is not on a picture or shape or something.

" wrote:

Thanks Chad, but that is not working for me. It tells me the paste and copy
shapes are not the same size.

"Chad" wrote:

How about making a macro with code similar to the following:

Cells.Find(What:="rerun", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt _
:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
Cells.Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

You could incorporate this code with an OnError command that if the text
"rerun" is not found, the data is not copied.

Hope this helps
-Chad

" wrote:

I am looking for a way to copy all the records from one spreadsheet to
another if a particular word (i.e. "rerun") is found anywhere in the
spreadsheet. What function would I use?