Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default data sort defaults

I don't think it has anything to do with the "sharedness" of the file.

And what constitutes a "clearly defined header row" to you ain't necessarily the
same way that excel looks at it.

Sometimes changing the font/boldness of the header will be enough.

But as a rule, I don't let excel guess at my range to sort--or if it has a
header. I think it's just to dangerous.

thebaldsoprano wrote:

On a shared doccuments why is it that sometimes excel always recognizes my
data range has header rows and other times i've got to tell it i do
everytime. every doccument has a clearly defined header row. what am i
missing here?

thanks in advance for your knowledge.

--

Dave Peterson