Guy Guy is offline
Junior Member

Default Linked cells show wrong number

I have a problem with a large linked work book. In the following explanation, I refer to the workbook containing the link as the Master and the Workbook containing the information as the Source.

The problem is that in a number of cells, the number showing in the Master is completely different from that showing in the cell in the Source to which it is linked.

To explain: Assume the Master was linked to cell B12 in the Source spreadsheet. The value in cell B12 of the Source is 10, but the value shown in the Master might be 7.5.

I have checked the data options and automatic update is clicked to on. I can not think of any logocal explanation for this. Any ideas?