Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Legend area white space

You mean long category labels on the X axis? You could edit the cells to put
a hard break in the label, to shorten it somewhat.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Kent McPherson" wrote in message
I've done that but you can't eliminate the white space if still have long
labels. Looks like maybe I'm stuck with creating shorting descriptors.

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
Click on the plot area (the rectangle defined by the axes) and stretch it
into the white space.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Kent McPherson" wrote in message
I have bar charts where I have turned off the legend because my selection
range includes series descriptors. For example:

Descriptor 1 100
Descriptor 2 200
Descriptor 3 300

Because my specific example has fairly long strings for the descriptors,
there is significant white space where the legend would be even though I
have the legend turned off. If I shorten the descriptors, the white
space goes away. I want long descriptors to make the values clear but
not all the white space. Anyone know if I can eliminate this somehow
while keeping the long descriptors?