Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kent McPherson[_2_] Kent McPherson[_2_] is offline

Default Legend area white space

You're right about the legend not being there so it can't take up space.
Maybe a more accurate description is I end up with white space where the
legend would be if I have long strings as the first column of the data range
and I have the alignment angle for the X axis labels anything other than 0
degrees. For example, with -15 degrees, it shows the full string for each
row but I end up with the white space problem. If I set it to 0 degrees,
only every other descriptor shows up but the white space is gone.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message
This a strange if, in Chart Options, you specify No Legend , or if you
simply delete the legend then it cannot be using up space - it does not
exist!
Tell us more about this problem.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Kent McPherson" wrote in message
I have bar charts where I have turned off the legend because my selection
range includes series descriptors. For example:

Descriptor 1 100
Descriptor 2 200
Descriptor 3 300

Because my specific example has fairly long strings for the descriptors,
there is significant white space where the legend would be even though I
have the legend turned off. If I shorten the descriptors, the white
space goes away. I want long descriptors to make the values clear but not
all the white space. Anyone know if I can eliminate this somehow while
keeping the long descriptors?