Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sam via OfficeKB.com Sam via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Return Numeric Value to their Matched Value Position in Single Column

Hi vezerid,

Thank you very much for your time and assistance. Great Input!

I tweaked your Formula so that I could have a single formula to find the
relevant row of numbers and return them to their corresponding row value
Position in a single column.

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(ROW()-ROW($N$17)+1,INDEX(Data,ROWS(Data)-17,0),0)),ROW()-
ROW($N$17)+1,"")

I would not have got the final solution without your help! Very much
appreciated.

Cheers,
Sam

vezerid wrote:
To get all 8 cells in a contiguous 1x8 range: Select all 8 cells and
enter:

=INDEX(Data,18,0)

This is an array formula, hence commit with Shift+Ctrl+Enter.

Let us say these values were collected in cells E1:L1. In N17 enter
the following formula and copy through N103:

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(ROW()-ROW($N$17)+1,$E$1:$L$1,0)),ROW()-ROW($N

HTH
Kostis Vezerides