Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vezerid vezerid is offline

Default Return Numeric Value to their Matched Value Position in Single Column

I have a dynamic named range "Data" spanning 8 columns and many rows. "Data"
houses numeric values.

I am using the following Formula to return 8 cells from my 18th row of "Data"
to a single column. The row of numeric values in "Data" are in ascending
order.

=INDEX(Data,ROWS(Data)-17,ROWS($1:1))

However, I would like a single Formula to return the (eight cell) results
from my 18th row of "Data" to a row in a single column that matches the value
of the result.

To get all 8 cells in a contiguous 1x8 range: Select all 8 cells and
enter:

=INDEX(Data,18,0)

This is an array formula, hence commit with Shift+Ctrl+Enter.

Using the above Formula - Expected Results from 18th row of "Data" (values
will vary):

45, 50, 57, 60, 72, 79, 84, 85

The above values should be returned to their corresponding value Position in
a single column that spans column & row N17 to N103.

Numeric Value 45 should be returned to Position 45 in my column range N17:
N103 = Row N61

Let us say these values were collected in cells E1:L1. In N17 enter
the following formula and copy through N103:

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(ROW()-ROW($N$17)+1,$E$1:$L$1,0)),ROW()-ROW($N

HTH
Kostis Vezerides