Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Formula for matching addresses

Put this alongside the looked up value and copy down

=ISNUMBER(MATCH(TRIM(B2),TRIM($A$2:$A$20),0))

It is an arry formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shifte-Enter, not just Enter.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"SeanUK2005" wrote in message
Hi There,

Can someone help with a formula in excel to find matching addresses
between
2 columns? I want to be able to find matching addresses despite the
spacing,
upper/lower case formatting and punctuation used in the addresses. Is
there a
formula that can help me pick out matching addresses from 2 lists? If
there
is, please help me? Email me at .....
Thanks,
Sean