Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Should be easy, but...

Hi

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to achieve but if you have a
Text date of say January 2006 in say cell A1
=A1+0
will turn that into a serial date
If you then format that cell FormatCellsNumberCustom dd/mmm/yy you
will get 01/Jan/2006

Not sure whether this helps you any.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"mr tom" <mr-tom at mr-tom.co.uk.(donotspam) wrote in message
OK.

I've got a list of dates expressed as text:

January 2006
February 2006
December 2007

I've then got a cell containing the curret reporting period, expressed
as
text, February 2007

I'm looking for a formula which will look up the current reporting
period
within my list of dates and return the text date above it.

Ultimately, I'll then use a VLookup to return the adjacent data, but I
can
manage that without too much help.

I know this should be easy, but I've been messing about with this for
an
hour or so now, so...

Any help appreciated.

Tom.