Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Heine Heine is offline

Default Spacing problems

On 6 Mar., 12:26, Mike wrote:
Heine,

Please post you lookup formula and an example of how your data are laid out.

Mike

"Heine" wrote:
On 6 Mar., 11:11, Mike wrote:
With number in A1 try

=RIGHT(TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(32),"")),4)

Mike

"Heine" wrote:
Hello everybody,

I am importing a phonelist via a web query. my phone numbers look like
this when imported:

11 22 33 44

I want to remove the spaces and only return the last four digits - how
is this done most easily?

Is it possible to Vlookup in a web query qithout problems?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Heine- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -

- Vis tekst i anførselstegn -

Thanks Mike - that works great. Now I want to lookup in my query. Why
does it return #N/A? If I copy and insert values it does work. But
then I do not get the automation.... Hope somebody can help solve
this.

Regards
Heine- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -

- Vis tekst i anførselstegn -

Hi Mike

=VLOOKUP(B2;3;Sheet1!$J$3:$L$135;FALSE)

It is a straightforward lookup. But the lookup area is a web query.
Moreover I have added a column to the lookup area where I have
calculations (the above right formula). It returns #N/A. I have also
tried to use a named area - still returns #N/A. any thoughts?

Best regards
Heine