Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Dynamic Dependant Downloads

Thanks John, I will check the article.

As I said, I have had all sorts of date problems in the past, but I can
usually get around them. I thought I had gotten around this one, but in
production something else failed (seemingly unrelated, but worked when we
took out my 'fix').

--
---
HTH

Bob

"John Taylor" wrote in message
Bob,

I can't help with the problem being discussed here, but maybe I can give
you a lead on your "dates" problem (if you're using xl2003) because I had
a similar one recently.

I had a macro that imported a csv file, and it worked fine in xl97. When I
ran it in XL2003, however, some dates (all dd/mm/yyyy format) were
imported in the wrong format, and on checking the MS Knowledgebase
(911750) I found that it's a known problem. There is a hotfix available,
and also a workaround.

After some help from the kind folks on this newsgroup I was able to
successfully use the workaround.

Regards,

John

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Phil,

I have so many problems with dates in VBA. I know the rules, but forget
them. I had a book recently that opens a CSV file with dates. If you open
the file in Excel, the dates are correct, if you open it in VBA a date of
12/08/1984 gets seen as 8th Dec. I wrote a little routine to force it
into UK dates which works fine in my test environment, but causes an
application crash in production!

Send me the workbook, and I'll see what I can do.

Bob

--
---
HTH