Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] sreeram.i.c@gmail.com is offline

Default Need Help

On Mar 1, 10:02 pm, JE McGimpsey wrote:
Since I don't know how your data is laid out in sheet LI, I can only
make some assumptions.

If the items sheet Looks_Like under section 1 are in sheet LI, A1:A10,
then one way would be to enter this in the cell (in Looks_Like) that has
"Section 1":

=IF(COUNTA(LI!A1:A10)0,"Section 1","")

and where you have first row, second row, etc.:

=IF(LI!A1="","",LI!A1)

In article om,

wrote:
The idea here is to have a tree like
structure, and it looks something like this..

Name of Book

Shelf number

Section 1
first row
second row
third row
fourth row
0
0
0
0
0
0

Section 2
seventh row
third row
tenth row
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
Section 3
0
0
0
0

The code that was provided by you deleted the rows that had Values
Name of Book, Shelf No, Section 1.
I want the code to delete only the 0's i.e blank cells in LI sheet to
which these cells in Looks_Like are referenced. And since under
section 3 there is no entry in LI sheet, in this case the code should
automatically delete section3 heading from Looks_Like sheet.- Hide quoted text -

Hi I'm back again.

I have decided to use the treeview functionality for the above pattern
to work can you please help me with the code to Populate the tree
view.