Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vivek Shah[_2_] Vivek Shah[_2_] is offline

Default Queries formatting fileds

Hope this help.

1. To change the date format, break the date that you get into 3 columns
using a text to column under data(You could use fixed width). Then just
concatenate in the format you want using / as delimiters using the formula
Concatenate.

2. To divide everything by 1000, write 1000 in a cell, copy, select the
range you want to divide by 1000, do a paste special, values and select
divide in the lower part of the paste special window.

Thanks.

"Barbara" wrote:

Hi,

I'm creating a query in Excel from my AS/400 server. It's working fine but i
need to do some changes! (i'm doing them manually but don't like that...)
1 - the date comes like "10207" when i want "01/02/07"
2 - all the values in my sheet need to be / by 1000
Question: where can i setup these things? in the query? in VBA? and how......

hope that someone can help me.
Thanks,
Barbara