Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Alan Alan is offline

Default how do I add a formula that totals a percentage

If I understand correctly you have six cells containing values (say A1:A6)
and you want to get the percentage of any one of these values of the total
of A1:A6
If so,
=A1/SUM($A$1:$A$6) in B1
will give the percentage of A1, drag that down to B6 and format the cells in
B1:B6 as percentages,
Regards,
Alan.

"gia" wrote in message
I am a novice excel user. I was given a project that includes adding a cell
for a percentage of a total. The project is small, 6 cells with 2 digit
numbers, I need to pick one cell and find the percentage it is of the
total
cells. I've looked up percentrank, downloaded an addon pack for data
analysis...I'm lost.

No where can I find an example of the formula I need.

Don't laugh.

:)

Thanks much in advance!

gia