Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Default how do I add a formula that totals a percentage

One example ..

Assuming the 6 source cells are A2:A7,
with the total computed in A8: =SUM(A2:A7)

You could put in B2: =A2/$A$8
Format B2 as percentage to taste
(via Format Cells Number tab)
then just copy B2 down to B8

B2:B7 will return the corresponding percentages that you need
--
Max
Singapore
"gia" wrote:
I am a novice excel user. I was given a project that includes adding a cell
for a percentage of a total. The project is small, 6 cells with 2 digit
numbers, I need to pick one cell and find the percentage it is of the total
cells. I've looked up percentrank, downloaded an addon pack for data
analysis...I'm lost.

No where can I find an example of the formula I need.

Don't laugh.

:)

Thanks much in advance!

gia