Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default ALT+ENTER no longer works

Dale

Have you tried another keyboard?

How about other shortcuts using the ALT key like ALT + f to open the File Menu?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 17:26:29 -0800, Dale wrote:

I am having the problem that ALT+ENTER does not insert a within-cell line
break as it should. It seems to be consistently missing across all
spreadsheets, and has been that way for some time, apparently irrespective of
cell formatting. Is there a way of re-setting the ALT+ENTER shortcut command
to function as it should? I can find work-arounds, but they are tedious
(e.g. use something like ;; and then do a search and replace with ALT+0010)
and they don't work if I have to demonstrate worksheets live.