Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Vlookup

By the way, you might need to use a semicolon instead of the commas.

Pete

On Mar 5, 8:05 pm, "Pete_UK" wrote:
Following on from Don's suggestion, try this:

=SUMIF(B1:B10,"Yes",A1:A10)

Assumes your Yes/No answers are in B1 to B10 and the values to be
added are in A1 to A10 - adjust the ranges to suit.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 5, 7:51 pm, Demetrio Valdez

wrote:
Thanks but this I've tried several simple worksheet and I can only get it to
sum an entire range if the condition is met. I need it to be selective to
the items that meet the condition.

Thanks for you help :)
--
Demetrio

"Don Guillett" wrote:
Have a look in the help index for SUMIF

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Demetrio Valdez" wrote in
I am trying to use vlookup to find all the item that equal a yes or no in a
table, and I want it to sum.
For example
table
1 yes
1 no
1 yes

I can only get voolkup to pull a "1" value", how do I get it to sum all
the
yes values?
Is there another function that I should use?

--
Demetrio- Hide quoted text -