Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Demetrio Valdez Demetrio Valdez is offline

Default Vlookup

I recreated your fomula with a simple spreadsheet and it doesn't work. I'm
not sure why.
it seems that this formula will ad all items in A1 thru A10 if the condition
is met at least once in B1 thru b10.
I need to sum only this items on the same line in which the condition is met.

Thanks I hope you can help :)

--
Demetrio

"Toppers" wrote:

=Sumproduct((b1:b10)="yes")*(a1:a10))

will sum values in A when B=Yes

HTH

"Demetrio Valdez" wrote:

I am trying to use vlookup to find all the item that equal a yes or no in a
table, and I want it to sum.
For example
table
1 yes
1 no
1 yes

I can only get voolkup to pull a "1" value", how do I get it to sum all the
yes values?
Is there another function that I should use?

--
Demetrio