Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Auto calculate absolute cell reference

You're welcome - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Mar 5, 8:53 pm, Teri wrote:
Probably because my brain has turned to mush. That's perfect!!! Thanks so
much for your help :)

"Pete_UK" wrote:
Why don't you enter 200 directly into cell B24 (formatted as currency,
so the $ symbol will appear automatically), then have a formula in B23
like:

=IF(B24="","",B24/B3)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 5, 8:38 pm, Teri wrote:
I'm not sure that I phrased the "subject" correctly, but here is what I need
to do. I do a P&L Analysis for our company for the 25+ locations we have.
What I must do is enter 200 in cell B23, and it must be automatically divided
by the value in A3. Then, the value of $200 automatically is entered in B24.
Is this even possible?

A B
3 Sales $10,000
23 Claims % =200/B3